Thursday, January 6, 2011
Shoreline School of Cosmetology invites your participation in a video contest highlighting the school, its services, and student learning. The contest is open to high school students enrolled or who have been enrolled in video production classes. Contestants are invited to submit videos or slide shows in a Microsoft compatible format which can be played through a MS PC compatible computer or device. Entries will be judged on specific criteria outlined below and judged by a panel of judges assembled by the school. There will be three cash prizes, 1st place $100, 2nd place $75, 3rd place $50. All participants will receive a certificate good for one free cosmetology service. All entries become the property of Shoreline School of Cosmetology and may be used for educational or promotional purposes.
Video/slide show Criteria1. Presentation should tell the story of Shoreline School of Cosmetology’s educational programs, services, and/or student learning experience. One or more aspect of the school can be highlighted (50 points)
2. Be no less than 2 minutes or more than 5-7 minutes long (10 points)
3. Can include history of the Cosmetology profession (10 bonus points)
4. Be positive portrayal of the program and services of the school (50 points)
5. Can include interviews of staff, students, graduates, and clients of the school (20 points)
6. Include a title and credit frame (5 points)
7. Be in a Microsoft compatible format (100 points)
8. Must be on a DVD, CD or flash drive.
JudgingA panel of judges will be assembled by the Shoreline School of Cosmetology that has video industry experience. Cash prizes will be awarded for 1st through 3rd places of $100, $75, and $50. All participants will receive a certificate for one free cosmetology services at the school. The certificate for services will be emailed to each participant at the end of the contest. Cash awards will be presented to the students in person either at the cosmetology school or at their high school.
Submission information1. All submissions must be received not later than April 4th at Shoreline School of Cosmetology, 1550 41st Ave Capitola, CA 95010. Entries received after that date will not be considered.
2. Please submit three labeled copies of each entry.
3. Entries are limited to one submission per group or individual.
4. Teams or group of students are allowed and will share in the cash prize.
5. On a separate document, clearly identifying the contestants name and contact information on the submission. Please include an e-mail contact.
6. List the name of the high school the contestant attends and the name of the teacher and the semester attended video production class. The contest is not open to high school graduates, only students’ currently enrolled in high school.
7. All entries will become the property of Shoreline School of Cosmetology and may be used for training or promotional purposes on the school’s website, presentations, or advertising.
8. Results of the contest will be posted on the schools website and the winners will be notified not later than May 4th 2011.
Shoreline School of Cosmetology is part of the workforce development services of Goodwill Industries of Santa Cruz, Monterey, and San Luis Obispo Counties, a not for profit California Corporation. For further information please contact John T. Collins, II Senior Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 831.600.0223.